Re: 2008 Toyota Camry SE: draining power steering fluid and re-fill with Mobil 1 ATF help

> I have an '08 Camry SE 4 cyl. I want to drain the power steering fluid

> > and re-fill with Mobil 1 ATF. Is there a place on the pump to do this? > > > While you wait for a definitive answer from a tech, I'll give you > the common knowledge: manufacturers don't put in drain plugs or refill > valves to facilitate this. You will almost certainly have to either do > several drain/refills of the reservoir with a turkey baster, or > disconnect one hose and *carefully* add fluid to the reservoir as it > gets low, making sure it doesn't get air in the lines. I strongly advise > the baster method, especially for a fairly new car. Just make sure the > new fluid is compatible with the OEM fluid.

=========== Think I read you can drain the PS fluid without the engine running by disconnecting the return line at the reservoir. No air bleeding is required afterward apart from turning from lock to lock a few times. Still, the simpler way is just to progressively replace fluid. I much prefer the "battery bulb" (AutoZone) over the turkey baster. Greater capacity, more suction power. Very inexpensive.

Reply to
Daniel