Replacing Timing belt

I have a 92 camry V6 US Sedan model. On the camshaft gear closest to the firewall there are 2 marks, 3V and 4V, and on the other gear just one mark. I verified TDC at the distributor, lined up the 3V mark on the timing mark and the timing mark on the other camshaft gear. The engine runs but just barely, like its way out of time. I have asked several people but nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Zanteus

I have only the 4 cylinder manual, so I cant help,..excewpt to say at the least you need to buy a Haynes or similiar workshop manual for your V6. It will take all the guess-work out for round $30. Haynes make very detailed manuals going by one I've seen for the Mitsy Diamante.

Spend the money :-)

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I have the Haynes Manual, it says nothing sbout 2 different marks on thr RH Pulley.

Reply to
Zanteus

OK,..perhaps some-one will be able to step in and offer some info on the V6 cam-drives. I did some research and found alarmingly, that Toyota rely on the engine shafts not to be turned "out of sync" during belt replacement for DYIers,..however their Toyota w/shop manuals do contain info on how to start from scratch.

Having found that, there is a lot of pictorial info on the job,..and below is a starter site to guide you down the page to the V6 cam-belt replacement drawing links.

scroll down to the "photobucket" links for your engine timing belt job.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

FWIW

If that doesn't help, email me and I'll scan and send you the TB install pages from my '93 FSM for the 3VZ-FE.

Reply to
NickySantoro

What a great resource. Wonder if you have similar links for a 95 Corolla or

04 Tacoma?
Reply to
Alex