stinking smell from 2003 Carmy LE

When driving my 2003 Camry LE, there is stinking smell like bad egg coming out quite often ,seeming from emission system. When car stops at traffic light, the smell can go to inside, making me unconfortable.

Is there anyone having similar experience?

Thanks!

Yi

Reply to
Yi Jiang

In news:X6TSb.46612$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com, Yi Jiang being of bellicose mind posted:

Maybe if you drive the car down the street instead of sitting there in a closed garage pretending to drive .... the smell would be unnoticeable. ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

I would be wanting a warranty fix for that baby. Catalytic problems maybe?

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Suphur in fuel. The catalyst is designed for the low sulphur fules now being mandated.

have the smell on my '02

Solution: find a station selling cleaner fuel... it will be mandated soon

Here > When driving my 2003 Camry LE, there is stinking smell like bad egg

Reply to
JH

Try switching to another gas station first. Sounds like sulferous oxide you are smelling. Otherwise you may have issues with the catalytic converter.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Reply to
jack

Same thing happens to me when I pull up next to a Republican.

Reply to
94 Camry LE

Hey In news:310120042030077411% snipped-for-privacy@yrmac.com,

94 Camry LE being of bellicose mind posted:

Hey pal... start living dangerously. Breathe DEEP.

Reply to
Philip®

Philip:

The same thing happens when I pull up next to a democrat, sometimes. If he stinks, then I just RECKON he's a Republican.

I hope you're not taking this seriously. I just couldn't resist commenting on Mr. Yi's piece.

Aloha

"We got rid of George III, and now he's BACK!" (unk.)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Reply to
94 Camry LE

In news:310120042203169465% snipped-for-privacy@yrmac.com,

94 Camry LE being of bellicose mind posted:

You persist, "yrmac."

Reply to
Philip®

Did you smell H2S gas before, that is the smell of stinking eggs.

"Aside from it's corrosive nature, H2S is also a very toxic and veryflammable gas. At low levels, H2S has a "rotten egg" smell. At levels of 100ppm, H2S will paralyze the olfactory system, making it appear odorless. Atlevels above 700 ppm, H2S can kill instantly."

Reply to
IceMan

I have always thought that that odor was caused by unburned fuel that got into the exhaust system. It is caused by a rich running engine. Either way it should be covered by warranty. Time to see your dealer...

Reply to
Joe Golden

Well Joe... your thoughts/beliefs are not founded in any facts. Any malfunction or beyond bounds conditions encountered by the ECU will result in a Check Engine light. If you do some research, you'll find these stinky exhaust complains nearly always emanate from the same parts of the US and Canada in general.

Reply to
Philip®

Not good for beemers either. They use nicosil plating on the cylinder walls. High sulfer fuels attack it.

mb

IceMan wrote:

Reply to
MB