'00 Tacoma 4 cyl 90K maint

My 2000 tacoma is coming up on 90K. In the opinion of the more knowleged here, should I have the timing chain/belt (not sure what is has) changed? Also should I have the coolant hoses changed and all the belts?? It is driven a lot, and needs to be kept reliable. It drives in the Norh East if that matters (harsh winters and all). I put it into Toytoa for the bigger maint checks i.e. >> 15K, 30K, 60K, and now 90K. The book just says to inspect, but just want to see what everyone else recommends. Thanks for any input.

Reply to
D328

I think your truck has a timing chain, I know mine does (99 2.4) and I believe timing chains do not require any maintenance. I have noticed that on some members posts they refer to distance travelled in K`s. This can be a little confusing as in Canada K`s would refer to Kilometers travelled, whereas in the USA it would refer to miles travelled times 1000. So your truck could be seen as having travelled

90000 miles or 90000 kilometers. At any rate I think changing your belts and coolant hoses could not be seen as as a bad idea, call it preventive maintenence.
Reply to
Hilly