02 tacoma cruise control

The cruise control on my '02 Tacoma appears to be too sensitive. It drops one and sometimes two gears on low inclines. Is this normal and if not is there a way to adjust the cruise control sensitivity?

Thanks

Reply to
John McComb

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:58:30 -0500, "John McComb" found these unused words floating about:

I've been told "No" (but that's probably the 'official' line!) ... It seems to depend upn the speed you hit the incline and the desire to 'maintain' the setting.

I simply dump it whenever coming to known "problem areas".

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

the cruise does NOT shift the transmission the cruise operates the throttle

Reply to
I'm Right

Mine's the same way. Most cruise controls turn vehicles into gas hogs on roads with lots of inclines. They can't anticipate what's ahead. Just turn it off.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The -effect- is the same when the cruise control -slams- the throttle open instead of advancing it evenly as a driver would do. THAT's the oversensitivity of the toybloata system!

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:22:43 -0500, "I'm Right" found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in news:gzgUe.6613$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

In most cases the first shift you feel in not an actual gear change but the torque converter coming out of lockup.

The second increase in RPM is the tranny coming out of overdrive.

Best case scenario is to disengage cruise and go manual on the throttle when you see a hill coming.

CC will just eat up gas.

Reply to
Steel Pig