'04 Tacoma Beer Can Sheetmetal

Reply to
Wet Nap

I don't know about the oil filter study, but now I'm curious. Is there a type or brand of filter I should stay away from?

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Ellis Villafuerte

Yes,...it's

Reply to
Jeremiah

The other problem with drop-ins is that they allow moisture to collect under them. Had a really nice '96 Nissan for sale (I'm a UCD) and when I looked under the liner....whew. And the rotten leaves smelled nice, too!

Reply to
HachiRoku

How does a bedliner protect your bed better than a drop in liner? huh? well a rigid bedliner like LINE-X when applied correctly to the bed bonds like a thick paint, i have an 01 taco with LINE-X. i carry motors between machine shops and some of my customers, in my 99 taco the bed had no liner and after about 3 months the motors started taking their toll on the bed and you could see where i put them, then a friend told me about line-x and after visiting my local dealer i had it installed on my 01 taco......that's three years ago......and besides the oil and grease i have in the bed the line-x has done its job, i have no dents because of where the motors have been sitting, the only problem with my bed is when i went to a local hardware store for some supplies for my house the guy driving the forklift ran the arm of the lift into my wheel well, so i have a rather large dent in the wheel well now but the line-x has held on and conforms to the dent, and when i degrease the bed like last month i couldn't believe how good the line-x has held up, looks like the day i had it installed.........wooooohoooooo.........plastic liners are gonna create problems in trucks cause the allow stuff to slide and because you don't take them out wevery week you don't see how muck damage they do to the bed, scratches and rust mainly, the down side to line-x is - once it is in, its in for life, and from what the guy was telling me when i bought the line-x, they are to only company to offer a nationwide lifetime warranty, and they are #1 in customer satisfaction.........line-x has my vote .

Reply to
Laura

You forgot to mention one important aspect of spray-on bedliners, resale value. I for one would not consider buying a truck with any of the spray-on products. At least the lay-in products can be removed, giving the second buyer the option to use a spray-on product if desired.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Coco

Not around here. A truck with a spray-on bedliner is harder to sell. Besides, the damage caused by drop-in lines is the same damage caused by the installation of the spray-on types. Nah, I would stay away from the spray-on stuff.

Reply to
Steve

I just bought a new 04 GMC Sierra and had Lin-X installed and completely disagree with those who say stay away from spary-in's. This is by far the best 400.00 I have ever spent. I renovate houses and use my truck a lot, I've hauled everything from gravel to cement steps in the back on my truck and the line-X shows NO WEAR what-so-ever, it also has an advantage over drop in's due to it being a non-skid surface. In my last truck which had a drop in, if you didn't strap the smallest load down it shifted and slid all over the place. the Line-X looks factory installed, anyone who wouldn't want a spray in or would prefer a drop in bought their pick-up so they can say they have a pick-up, not because they use it for anything.

Reply to
Doug King

Hmmmm...you're in the minority! The trucks I have with spray-ons sell much more rapidly than all the rest!

Reply to
HachiRoku

For people who are really worried about it, there are two solutions:

Spary the liner, then get a plastic liner! The spray will keep the crap that collects under the plastic liner from eating the bed up.

Spray Hydraulic oil under the plastic liner. Same thing, much cheaper...unless you're an environmentalist, in which case I can feel the flames now...

Reply to
HachiRoku

Mix up four or five bags of concrete and pour them in the bed, then install the liner before the concrete sets. This will make a perfect "bed" for the liner, and it's guaranteed not to move, unless the concrete cracks. Some well-placed rebar might be helpful..

The extra 400 pounds or so in the bed should provide pretty good traction in the snow as well!!!

Reply to
TOM