1991 Rear End Problems

I just has a local mechanic to rebuild the rearend on my 1991 Toyota 4wd ext cab pickup. Now the rear end is making a popping noise each time the rear tires rotate. I've checked lug nuts and they are tight.

Love the truck but this rearend problem is getting expensive and I'm not mistreating the truck. Haven't driven the truck in 4wd since the rear end was overhauled so couldn't be the gears are mismatched..

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Just spent $800 plus less than a month ago and less than 2000 miles...

Feedback appreciated..

NJ

Reply to
NJ

First things first, go right back to the mechanic that performed the rebuild and ask him!

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1