1999 Tacoma - can't figure out how the alarm works

Just bought a 99 Tacoma Prerunner SR5. It has an alarm, no owner's manual. We haven't yet figured out how that blasted thing works. We stumbled across activating it, then spent several minutes listening to the horn go off before we got it to shut off. Can someone explain how it is activated, how you are supposed to turn it off, what role the little red push-button light plays (in and out mean what ?) ? What role does the green button on the key remote play ?

Oh, yes, and how can I tell if it has ABS ? I think it does, but how do you prove it to yourself ? Does SR5 imply ABS ?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
ScottHW

Strap yourself in well and have nobody else in the car just in case.

Find a deserted parking lot with a nice wide and straight stretch.

Get up to 30 or so and JAM on the brakes HARD and don't let up.

If you feel/sense/hear a pulsing or chattering type sound the ABS has kicked in.

Most brands of vehicles also have a dash light that comes > Oh, yes, and how can I tell if it has ABS ? I think it does, but how do you

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address