2000 Land Cruiser 100K Maintenance

My dealer says as preventative maintenance I should have the 90K maintenance at $450+ and a timing belt at $700+. Also a brake job at $400+ each for front and rear. Are these bonafide prices?

Reply to
pidlauber via CarKB.com

If the brakes are nearly worn out, you must replace them.

Your 4.7 engine is an "interference" engine...if the timing belt breaks, engine parts hit, and you have a huge repair cost. The belt is due at 90,000 miles.

Normal maintenance is due at 90k. This keeps your engine running most efficiently. Flushing and replacement of the coolant, brake fluid, and automatic transmission fluid is important.

Take your LC to a good local independent shop for costs. Yes, some of this work must be done, and the rest should be done. The dealership, and some independents, packs the periodic maintenance services with unneeded items to boost the charge. Follow your owner's manual.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton