2005 Tacoma Daytime Running Lights

Dizzy, shouting has yet to make you respectable. You've made -a- point but not the one you intended.

Reply to
Philip

Equally visible but more visible with DRLs than without.

No, every vehicle with DRLs gains that advantage. That all are equal does not make any one less than equal. Substitute night for day in your POV and there is no reason why any vehicle should have any running lights at any time. The sea of lights you complain about will never be a bother ever again, especially since ambient light levels seemingly provide more than enough illumination at any time of the day or night.

DRLs overcome minimal operator error but do not resolve all nor create any operator error. I've had my say and I'll not argue further until it is quantified that DRL usage increases accident rates. There are decades of actuarial data you can research,

regards A.G.

Reply to
Registered User

For DRL's, I'd only allow FIVE minutes override.

Reply to
Sharx35

snip

Rubbish.

Reply to
Philip

Why is it rubbish? Perhaps you're thinking that if all vehicles have DRLs, then none stand out, so they're the same as if none of them have it. This isn't a function of the lights. Rather, it's due to the perception of the observers, i.e. you and I and all the other drivers.

Reply to
Doug Kanter