2005 Tundra Brakes

I have a 2005 Tundra Double Cab V8 Auto. When coming to a stop and I step on the brakes, they are a little soft, but if I pump the pedal once, they are firm. In both cases, the stopping power is there, but the firmness is different. It's like the brakes need to be bled. Anyone have thoughts or experience with this. Thanks.

Reply to
JayW

Make sure there is no air in the system, and make sure that the rear shoes are adjusted properly.

Reply to
qslim

There are five points to bleed the brakes...each wheel and the rear brake proportioning valve attached to the frame on the left above the rear axle. This proportioning valve is a high point and a likely spot for an air bubble.

The rear brakes are self-adjusted by frequent use of the parking brake.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Just a thought, it's a 2005 with a factory warranty? Have the dealer look at it? Just a thought. Cheers

Reply to
Billstein