to by new tacoma or not?

Hi. I have 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 pick-up truck. It has about 50k miles and truck still runs like new. I am considering whether I should keep my truck or trade in for the newly designed 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 truck. Besides the difference in external design, does new Tacoma have any other changes I should consider?

Thanks.

Reply to
earthlink

The two major differences I've seen via news media is larger size and bigger V-6. Size is now close to the Dodge Dakota and Chevvy Colorado. Engine went from

3.4L to 4.0L HTH, davidj92
Reply to
davidj92

I checked out the new Tacoma this weekend. It's actually way different from the older model. It doesn't only have larger engines, but it's more powerful. The 4.0L has 245 HP and 282 ft-lb of torque. The EPA ratings also look nicer. I drove the truck and noticed that even though the wheelbase is longer (nicer ride), the turning radius is still the same. I also loved the 400W plug in the back, the standard ties on the bed and the towing capacity (up to 6500 lbs with the towing package!).

I wasn't able to test drive the XRunner, but I will when I get a chance. That truck apparently handles as well as a sports car.

It all really depends on what you use the truck for. This one has a whole bunch (like 19) of packages to choose from. I loved the look of the 17" alloy wheels that come with the Sport Package and the hood scoop.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
ggal