94 22re blown head gasket

My Pickup just popped a head gasket at 130,000 miles. Somebody told me that a few years ago, Toyota had an engine recall on some 4runners and pickups cause these kind of problems were happing right after warrenty. Has anybody heard of this recall or the specifications of it? Thanks!

Reply to
tbm3486

The Recall was for the 3VZ-E engines, 3.0L V6. AFAIK the 4cyl 22RE did not have the same problem.

Reply to
Joseph Wind