Donating service manuals to public libraries

I noticed that many dealerships and garages and people alike throw their factory service manuals,aftermarket service manuals and owner's manuals in the garbage well to help the environment and others I suggest that everyone donate their non wanted service literature to your local public library or community college (vocational school). Also many public libraries take suggestions from the public about the future purchase of literature so if there are enough requests they will order the required books/manuals. My local public library has service manuals for cars,trucks,snow mobiles,dirt bikes,motorcyles,tv's,vcr's,stereos,kerosene heaters and more.So if you have other manuals to donate please do so or request them. Thanks for helping the environment and others.

Sidney Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

1985 Toyota 4-Runner,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 243 000 KM
Reply to
Sidney

I bought one(actually 3 big volumes) in 94 for my 90 4Rnr on ebay for $50 --- sold it in 03 for $60. At least for Toyota they go up in value as they get older and harder to come by. Amazes me that people sell/trade cars and don't pass on the owner's manual. I actuallhad one from a 69 VW bug that completely rusted away but owners manual and service record book were still good.

Reply to
Wolfgang