engine been chipped?

Under the hood of a '96 T100, there's a sticker for "motorvation.biz" engine computer chips. My engine is running lean enough for the check engine light to come on - even after replacing the oxygen sensors.

Where is the computer chip located? What should an OEM computer chip look like?

Reply to
Don Carpenter

My understanding (at least on older yotas) is that the chip has to be unsoldered to be removed since the original one is not socketed. The chip is in your electronic control unit -- computer. Usually behind the passenger's side kick panel on the older PUs. Suspect your chip could be reprogrammed again - reset to original settings.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Don Carpenter schrieb:

You may have to openb the engine computer. Better check with a professional .

Axel

Reply to
Axel Hammer