FJ Front Windshield Problems

I've been reading that the new FJ has a serious problem with front windshield cracking from stone chips. The glass is thin and the shape of the truck leads to many, many stone hits on the windshield. The vertical placement of the windshield results in direct hits (rather than glancing blows) that chip, crack and break the windshield.

Anyone here have a similar experience? Or is this just a rumor?

Reply to
Greg Hamilton

I would believe this, only because of my experience with my wifes Jeep Liberty. It, like the FJ, has a steep windshield, and that windshield has been replaced 4 times since we've owned it (bought it new in '02).

Just my 2 cents.

Mr_CNC

Reply to
Mr CNCguy