gaskets found in Rad

This morning when inspecting my coolant level I found two small square gaskets floating under the rad cap. I have a better than average condition Toyota 3VZE Japanese 4WD Extra Cab with 290K Kilometers. Has been religously maintained. The gaskets are small 1.5 in by 1.5. Any ideas where there from and what I should do? I took it to a Canadian tire and showed them the gaskets. They said the last time the dealer changed the water pump the old gaskets probaly fell into the rad. Truck runs perfect.

Reply to
ebbandtide

Using my over 30 years of automotive service experience.... here's what i got for you.......

1) Tear the engine apart piece by piece and find out where the gaskets fit. 2) Purchase a master rebuild kit for the motor, see if those gaskets are in it...then guess where they must go, take that part off and see if you were rite. 3) Lose sleep over it. 4) 290K kilometers.....FK it. go to sleep.

anywhoooo...... that's all i came up with. However, if you come up with more symptoms or any other helpfull information, feel free to repost......and maybe i can use that over 30 years of repair experience to help you out some more aye?

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster