Install Transmission in Cooler in 2000 Prerunner?

Is it appropriate to install a TRD transmission cooler (TRD 00602-16491-002) in a 2000 Tacoma Prerunner 4 Cylinder (3RZFE) 2.7 Automatic Transmission with air conditioning? My Tacoma is a 2WD regular cab.

I asked a mechanic if he could install one and he said no problem. When he called a Toyota distributor/dealer for parts, he was told that it wouldn't work. I didn't understand why not...something about the radiator.

I looked under the hood and there wasn't much room between the air conditioning condenser and the grill.

If the TRD won't work, what about a Hayden or other aftermarket Trans Cooler.

THANKS!

Reply to
Tommy Taylor