got stuck, finally- Cali snow adventures.

Well we decided to brave the Sierra blizzard situation yesterday (we weren't anywhere near I-80, much farther south, but I guess those sky gods didn't care.) Managed a lil slippery going up- being 2wd we figured on that. We've gone up there the last 8 years and have never seen it this bad- rain then snow then rain then snow, couldn't make up its mind what to do. Well coming down we got a little loose on a curve at well under 10mph and the back end broke loose, we slid the passenger side into the snow at the side of the road, right into a nice thicket at the front end, high center down the length. We managed to dig a bit of the front end out and go forward (with gravity, into the thicket further.) Rangers came by and gave us a pull forward, farther into the frozen tree branches till the rope snapped. Then we gave it a go backward up the hill, where we'd already plowed a nice track in the snow (and two holes, courtesy snow chains on the passenger side.) No prob going backward- got us out and less than 5 mins down the road we had to take the chains off because it was heavy enough rain there wasn't a bit of snow on the road.

Checking out the truck this morning, some light paint scuffs from taking it through a tree and back out, nothing broken and nothing dented. We did gain a few pine needles in the skid plate and managed to leave behind some rubber and chain (ooo, purdy sparks, nasty smell!) She'll get her 4wd upgrade one of these days- but she was chompin at the bit yesterday. Next time I'll drive. ;)

BTW it was all worth it. :)

Reply to
Pookerz