Neutral safety switch....???

Anyone have any idea on how to get the damn reverse lights to come on when I put the truck in reverse? I can make them work by moving the switch a little bit but by the time I get down to have it inspected the damn lights are out again when reverse is engaged. I tell them they work and can make them come back on by messing with the wires but it goes out again when re-tried. PITA! The truck starts right up, just doesn't have backup lights each and everytime you go in reverse. Is this a problem with these trucks? Is there an adjustment? Or does the switch need to be replaced? Not like I drive down the road backwards so I don't know why they're so picky about them working...of course, I am in NY where they make laws to break laws. TIA for any ideas!

Reply to
Robbo