Oil leak/burning, not sure, PLEASE HELP.

I bought a 96 Tacoma with 72k miles on it about 6 mths ago. After a about a mth, we changed the clutch. The mechanic suggested we change the rear main seal while he was down there, so we did. Other maintainance that I did was change the engine oil, pcv valve, and air filter. About a couple of weeks later, i checked the oil when filling up the gas. It showed no oil on the stick. I put a quart of oil in, and it showed halfway on the stick. I decided to keep the oil there. About a mth later, i checked the oil again, and it showed nothing. I looked to see if there was any oil leaks ont he ground, none. I dont see blue smoke coming out of the exhaust either.

Question, could the rear main seal be causing the leak? I havent looked yet under the car at the engine. What about the PCV valve? Any comments/suggetions appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Ya Ya

change

filling

there.

About a month? You knew that it only took a couple of weeks to do this last time so you should have checked every 100 miles or so until a consumption pattern could be established.

Well, it is easier for you to look than it is for me, especially now that all these transatlantic flights are being cancelled due to terrorist threats. But I forget, it is a bit of an effort for you to check the dipstick regularly, so i guess I'll have to book a flight.

What about the PCV valve?

Bet you don't appreciate all of mine. :-)))))

Huw

Reply to
Huw