Preferred Components Inc. / Parts Dinosaur

My truck's an '85 2wd with the 22RE motor. It's got almost 150,000 miles on it and I'm pulling the head to replace a blown head gasket so I'm looking at putting in a new timing gear/chain combo while I've got it all apart.

I see, on ebay, #

that I can get a "TOYOTA 22R 22RE Complete Timing Kit 85-94 w/ STEEL GUIDE" for about $60. This gear/chain kit is from an outfit called Preferred Components Inc., also known as PCI. This kit includes the steel chain guide.

This kit is sold by an outfit called PartsDinosaur.com and out of over

2700 transactions they only have had one neutral and one negative feedback response so that makes me feel like they will be honest people to do business with.

Has anyone in this group had any experience with the timing kits that came from PCI? Any opinions of their manufacturing practices? Anything else that you might know about Preferred Components Inc. like their reputation in the parts business? Things like that.

Also, this kit comes with a full gasket set for doing the timing chain job. This gasket kit is also provided by PCI. Anyone used their gasket kits before? Anyone know how they compare to OEM gaskets?

I know that "you get what you pay for" but sometimes a guy gets lucky and runs into an honest businessman that isn't out to screw everyone he comes in contact with. Well! At least I can hope. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry