Re: shocks

I have a 95 toyota, extended cab. The shocks are shot. Which are best - gas

> or oil? > I do mostly city driving but occ. off road. thanks, chuck

I'm really happy with the Bilsteins that came on my Tundra. I've never owned a vehicle with Bilsteins before, but I'm sold. I used to favor Konis.

They're both expensive, but I'm worth it. :^)

Tom S

Reply to
Tom S

Bilstiens are great but have no adjustability. For the same price a set of Rancho 9000s are adjustable, and for a little more remotely adjustable.

snipped-for-privacy@surfbest.net

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Another vote for Bilsteins (gas, Heavy Duty Self Adjusting). We put them on our 96 4Runner soon after we bought it, and it was the best money spent yet. We got ours for $324 shipped from

and only cost $20 for lift rental (auto hobby shop on base) and an afternoon to put them on. We do mostly city driving also, but those times when we do see rough road or off-road the Bilsteins have been a tremendous difference over the factory shocks (they were still fairly good when we replaced them.) There's not any of the sway and bouncing that there was before, I've been really pleased with them.

Dee

Reply to
Pookerz

I was assuming the 95 PU was the same as a 95 4Runner, which use a torsion bar. I'll have to check.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I also have a 95 extended cab and recently put in some Bilsteins... cost was about 220 for the set and 50 bucks to install..... worth every penny, it's a totally different (good) driving vehicle now!.

Sam

snipped-for-privacy@surfbest.net

Reply to
Sam Marsh