Stiff steering

I just got my first Toyota, a 85 long bed. The steering is damn stiff for a little truck, it is not power assist. Are they normaly hard to turn? I am 6'2" 230lbs and it takes both arms to park the beast.

As long as I am here, it is an 22RE motor (EFI). after it warms up you can not give it much gas with out major shuddering. Feels like the engine just turns off and on, quite violent, any help where to look first?

Les

Reply to
Les

Power steering isn't too hard to add if you can find a truck at a junk yard with it.

Sounds like your idle is too low, and check your throttle cable for excessive slack.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler