Blowback in Toyota RAV4

Does anyone have experience with oil blowback in a Toyota vehicle (in my case a 1999 RAV4)? Is it common? Is there a fix other than replacing the engine? If the engine needs to be replaced, is a used one worth it (a new engine costs more than the vehicle is worth)? Any feedback would be appreciated. Posted by Rubber Dino

Reply to
Dino

If we are talking about blow by causing excess crank case pressure it is usually from a worn engine or one that has received poor maintanance and has stuck piston rings. Sometimes 15w40 oil will help some (not 10w40)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan