sudden mpg loss 02 2.7 help

about 1.5 moth ago i put in some bosh platum pluges the 2 prong ones it runes fine but recently i only seem to get 15 mpg and i was getting about 19-20 i dont understand why now its dropping off be for these i was running auto lights i got better mpg any ideas whats wrong

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

May be you purchased oxygenating winter gas.This might make you loose one or two mpg but not as much as you are loosing. Could be you knocked off a vacuum line or crimped a spark plug wire. Make sure all plugs are firing. Good luck.

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

Do you live in a cold climate? It's not unusual for mileage to drop by 4 or 5 mpg during the winter.

dan baker wrote:

Your reduction in mileage could be due to many factors as others have posted. My first thought would be the bosh plugs. Bosh plugs are junk. They can and will cause all sorts of driveability problems. I would replace the bosh plugs with some NGK or DENSO plugs and see if that helps.

Reply to
Mike

Agree on the Botched (Bosch) plugs --- Toyotas just don't like them. Go back to NGK/Nippondenso. Install them with antiseize.

Reply to
Wolfgang

ok ty for your help ill let u know wht happends and i an northern cal

530 are i run 87 in it

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker