Tundra 04 TRD 4x4 OK?

That darn valve train tick is more than annoying it is embarrassing You are at a light sitting beside a 20k Dodge or 30k Ford and your

40k Tundra sounds like it runs on deisel fuel. My next truck will probably be a Chevy. I have been loyal for a long time but " it's normal " don't cut with me. My new passant is quite as a mouse!
Reply to
ArkansasLizard

Are you sure it is valve tick? If so, have you had your valves adjusted? Unlike the Dodge or Ford, your engine does not use hydraulic lash adjusters (lifters) and routine valve clearance inspection is included as part of your routine maintenance schedule.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White