tundra transmission shift linkage stiff

I have an 05 tundra 4x4 crew cab, 4.7 auto 92K miles, and on ocassion the transmision is difficult to shift into 2 or 3. not that the tranny doesent go there and work fine, just like its real stiff. Felt it first last winter and since once it gets warmed up it would go away, thought it was related to exposure to salt etc and needed something lubed. Did that to all accessable. Now it just does it occasionally.

Any one have simular?

snipped-for-privacy@hughes.net

Reply to
pmilt

my old 95 4 banger did that and we changed the oil in the tranny. new tranny feel after that. they do reccomend doing it every 50k but no one does. it's messy and a little awkward, but man...to be fair, i live in mojave and that is tough on fluids. i change oil every 3k and air filters then, too. heat kills, dust does it slowly. my 86 4 banger went 350k before i gave it away. it's on a ranch doing occasional work.

Reply to
someone