'62 beetle parking brake spreaderbar

Is this thing supposed to go in with the offset part in towards the backing plate or out towards the drum? Mine appear to fit the parking brake lever best with the hump in but

a) That just dosen't look right :(

&

b)The hump rubs against the backing plate :( :(

I wouln't mind a little rubbing but what set this whole rebuild off was the brakes repeatedly seizing up for some un-explained reason & this is one of the possible causes. My bars appear to be cut down from something longer but apart from a weld in the middle are otherwise identical to the one pictured in this thread on the Samba-

Can anybody set me straight on this?

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Parts book on Vic's site:

HTH

For brake seizures, look for old/clogged brake hoses or M/C pushrod having no freeplay.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim