add water to your engine

while the engine is running and the air cleaner is off. dribble a little water in the engine while you keep it running by working the throttle. Inside the water turns to steam and cleans the combustion chamber. don't do it if you have a dead cylinder. don't let any go into that slanting tube that vents the float bowl. "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution." Emma Goldman

Reply to
cyber

Yup, should work as long as you dont overdo it. You should keep the revs slightly above idle speed. Once you start with the water, the engine will want to stall. We are talking about such amounts of water that a squirt can would be able to deliver, or the accelerator pump. i.e. do not feed the carb with a garden hose... just a very narrow stream of water, as narrow as you can make it. And for something like 5 seconds at a time, then give it another 5 or 10 secs to recover.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I remember reading about doing this in an issue of Hot Rod magazine about a

15-20 years ago. It was their preferred method of getting rid of carbon build up. I've done it a number of times on various engines with good results.

Reply to
Mike64Bug

It was done to NYCity cabs that idled for hours on traffic and built up carbon in the cylinders. I have done it to some high milage cars with great results. You take an 8 ounce glass of water and either an ounce of Transmission fluid or Magic Marvel Mystery Oil. Try to mix as well as you can, seeing oil and water don't mix very well. Get the car in a field or in the middle of a large parking lot at night. Warm the car up, then remove the air cleaner, rev the engine and keep reving, slowly pour the mixture into the carb, very slowly, it will want to stall alike Jan said, but keep reving it until it is all gone. By the way you may not be able to see the carb after a while due to the dense smoke. People will think your car is on fire. That is why I said at night or in the middle of nowhere. OK this is a safe way of doing it. The water blasts the cylinder and head clean and the oil keeps it lubed while it is being done. Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa

Is this like Muir's idea of pouring diesel through the carb? What are the real benefits of doing either one of these?

-Wes

Reply to
Wes

Water or carbonated water, turns to steam, washes the chamber out, not vital, old days hear say (as in bene.....

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Do A google search on it too.

I'm sure there is other benefits to be had from water injection,.............Like a horsepower gain in aircraft engines,..............Which after all, is what a VW engine is based on.

There's a water injection system diagram on a website I found once,...............been a couple of years back , but I'm sure it can be found still................pros and cons to any Porformance mods as usual............

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Diesel, Auto Trans fluid, Magic Mystery Oil all do the same thing when added to the water, help prevent damage.

As for water injection, yes on the B29 bombers they used turbo charges and the heads got real hot so they carried 60 gallons of water for the water injection system. It was used on cars and some people said it worked. But some people had problems. This is not a one shot deal the car is runing on the stuff and steam is very powerful. It has got to be injected exactly with the correct mist and it should be distilled water or you will get mineral build up in the heads. Joe