Bussy- A related story

Busahaulic wrote: >we got it all back together with a new setscrew in the >coupler... -BaH

--------------- Some years back, I got a phone call early one morning. It was a stranger in need. He'd gotten my number from a Bus club I belonged to at the time.

He (and his Bus) were stuck in the parking lot of a rock hall in Cleveland, OH. The shifter was flopping around like a flounder on a hook. Would I come down and help?? Please...

Had I mentioned that his GF was getting impatient to get home? They had come out of the concert the evening before to find that the Bus wouldn't shift and had spent the night in the back of the Bus.

The place was only half an hour away, so I grabbed a sq-head grub screw for the coupler and saddled my White Charger.

Here was this huge parking lot with one solitary and very seedy-looking van plunked down in the middle of all that asphalt.

As I pulled up, the kid and said GF wobbled out of the Bus amid a cloud of blue smoke. It could have been Woodstock; they would have been perfect.

The kid slipped the grub screw in and VRooooom! they were off, the GF waving most appreciateively.

Reply to
Speedy Jim