I am selling my bus ... SELLING OUT !!

Just noticed that for some reason my last couple of posts haven't shown up here. But today is the day .. the eBay auction closes .. No bites yet at $5k but I have 55 people watching .. I refuse to sell for less .. Any way .. Can't do another year of no a/c ... no heat ... no power steering .. etc etc .. I have lost my mind .. bought a

1999 bug ...
Reply to
omigosh

Awwwww.

Be prepared to start replacing broken plastic parts :D

A/c could be retrofitted to the bus... if you used junkyard/salvage parts, it could be reasonably cheap. Of course, some parts need top be new and then there's labor.. some fabrication..

Heat is easy too.

Power steering.... hmm... there's a couple of brands to choose from: Gold's Gym, Bally Fitness, and the one I used, Lifestyle Fitness :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

haahaa Jan .. wish it was that easy .. I want it all NOW .. Looks like "Molly" will be going home to Germany ..

Reply to
omigosh

I made a big mistake selling my bus .. bought a stupid water cooled bug and OF COURSE the first problem I have is over heating .. I MISS MY BUS .. I guess I should sell the bug also and buy a nice American made car .. huh ??

Diane

Reply to
omigosh

Good Lord, No! American cars are the worst! Buy japanese, even european, before american. Sorry to say, but american cars in general are unreliable.

Jan

YouKnowWho@YouKnowWhere wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I would say Japanese over European, unless a guy has the wallet for a BMW or other quality car... you couldn't pay me enough to buy a new Volkswagen... of course, part of it is because I hate VWOA. Lol.

Reply to
bugnut68

Ladies (and gents)

I've had VERY good luck with my VWs, but my wife has had VERY bad luck with hers. She's had 2 Jettas, of different vintages. Thank heavens we bought the extended warranty for hers! New transmission/all 4 wheel bearings/radio/instrument cluster/2 frozen calipers all in under

70K miles!

My experience has been much better with my 7 VWs.

I've also had very good luck with Ford, but abysmal luck with GM.

Really, a new American car is defintely a huge improvement over the '70s, and depending on the make, some are actually quite quality cometitive with the rest of their price range. Please, Just don't blame the workers there. The decision of how high the quality will be is NOT in the hands of the assembler/worker, but in the hands of the bean-counters and executives.

OldIr>>> Good Lord, No!

Reply to
OldIron

I have to agree...modern VW's have lots of problems, I would never own one.

American cars are the worst... I have never had one which did not have problems... everything from bad transmissions, to the Ford F250 catching on fire from just sitting in the driveway overnight. I had never heard of a car setting itself on fire while NOT running until Ford did it.

My favorite choice, a 5 speed manual Toyota Corolla with power windows. I have a 2007 which I have already put 80,000 miles on, I drive a lot. I have never done a brake job, only changed the oil on schedule, and the gear oil once. Just changed the serpentine belt last weekend and took me a total of 5 minutes.

I have had a few corollas and they have always been the most reliable car I have ever owned.

I once had a 1987 Toyota Wagon (a mini van) I bought used. It had

100,000 miles on it, and I put an other 250,000 miles on it (yes that's 350,000 total) before I traded it for an Apple Newton. It still ran great but the main seals were starting to leak and I didn't want to put the money into it.

-tom

Reply to
tstock

I have a real problem with UAW workers... they're the primary reason for GM's bankruptcy with their insanely extensive perks and benefits, IMO.

Reply to
bugnut68