Quick questions about charcoal canisters and running boards

Hi folks,

I've heard from a few people that the charcoal canister under the right rear fender is almost always, by this time, "clogged" and perhaps detrimental to the fuel efficiency of an air-cooled VW. Is it truly a good idea to simply toss this canister, or is it actually still performing its environmental function? Is it possible to clean or otherwise maintain it?

Second question: Would running boards from a 67 beetle fit a 74? A friend has a line on German NOS 67 running boards for cheap and would love to replace her rusted originals.

Thanks in advance! Chris

Reply to
Lamprey

A "clogged" canister won't do anything. Except, maybe the fuel tank wouldn't vent properly.

One size fits all on running board. Snap 'em up.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Except supers ?

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Nope. All same same...

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Thanks all! I should've specified that it's a standard beetle, not that it matters in this case.

Chris.

"Ben Boyle" wrote in news:45047a52$0$19603$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

Reply to
Lamprey

Thats good to know as the list price for super running boards is alot more than for the standard. - (at least when I was pricing them up for mine)

Rich

Reply to
tricky