Re: How long were ACVW's designed to last?

10 years. I know they used to award a badge if your engine made it to

> 100,000 km... 60,000 miles.

The original metric was 60K miles on the engine and it should be able to do

60K per hour.

and who can afford re-building from the pan up?

They just swapped engines, silly. Here in Minnesota you could take your lame ACVW to a shop, go across the street for lunch and come back to a new engine and drive away. As I recall they were $600 plus install.

Reply to
<jjs>

Depends on where/how you drive them. I've put mine through HELL and they have never ceased to amaze me at the amount of punishment they can take.

Reply to
Shag