1998 S70 Rear Deck Speaker

The right rear speaker on the back deck of my

1998 S70 equipped with the SC-816 sound system is producing a, pardon the expression, 'farting' sound, or bottoming out. My worry is that it's fried and needs to be replaced. I can't find an easy way to be able to inspect the speaker from either top or bottom. So, I'm all ears for any suggestions.

Eric

Reply to
YmrTmuckleG

Fold down the rear seats. Lift up on the front edge of the hatshelf panel (with speaker grilles attached) to release the clips. Then pull the panel toward you to unhook it at the rear. It takes a bit of jiggling, but it comes out.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks! I'll give it a try this weekend.

Eric

Reply to
YmrTmuckleG