2006 S60 Foggy Windishield and AC

Hi all,

It rains a lot where I live. And everytime it rains, the windshield fogs up pretty quickly.

The only way I've been able to defog is to turn the AC on and leave the climate setting at "Auto". If I were to turn on the defog/defrost setting, the AC turns on and the blower fan goes full blast. I find this very loud and annoying. I don't like to have the AC on for 2 reasons, it drags down the engine (I can feel it because I have a 6 speed manual) and it wastes gas (now at $1.25/litre CAD).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Other cars I've had, all I have to do is set the controls to defrost and it does a pretty good job without any fuss.

The manual is not very helpful...but I'm sure I'm missing something!

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Reply to
Mark Kingston

I turn on the defrost in mine, then use the fan speed knob to turn the speed down. And just an FYI, defrost uses the AC, it dehumidifies (thats how it defog's).

Reply to
Brian V

Thanks Brian, I guess there's no avoiding the AC being turned on since it serves a purpose. :)

And turning down the blower speed does help!

Reply to
Mark Kingston