240 GLT (1984) for sale

Bought this car

in 1997 from Phil's Foreign Car in Kenvil, NJ with 122k miles on it. Have replaced the radiator, clutch cable (twice) and the front spring perches (under the tower springs). Just put on (Fall, 2002) new rear tires (Cooper Cheetah) which have very little mileage. Car was primarily used to drive 4 miles (round-trip) a day to the train station. Needs turbo (leaking oil) but otherwise runs strong and clean. Still peppy. Anyone care to make an offer? (We bought a new vehicle.)

Reply to
pico

Burning oil or just leaking? A turbo repair on an 84 is fairly expensive ($1500US) because it usually includes a conversion to water cooled. According to Kelly Blue Book the car isn't worth much over $1000 (Some get more if the car is in good shape). You can list the car at

under 'Volvos For Sale'. You can also see what others are asking for the same car. You might be able to get more out of the car by parting it out.

Somebody that could repair the turbo themselves might grab it. 2dr, 4dr, wagon? What colors? Transmission? What's the condition of the body? Any dents? Rust? Mileage? Is the dash cracked? How's the seat leather? Does the heater motor work? Does the AC work?

Brick_0

Still

Reply to
Brick_0

Thanks for the tip on ipdusa.com! Placed the ad tonight.

Yes, it's an expensive repair. It's crying for someone to take it on as a project. I don't want to give it up, but it's just more than I can deal with. I believe it still has a lot of life left in it, even if it doesn't look like it does. I'm really going to miss it and I hate to junk it.

Pictures are at

but for reference, it's a 2dr, brown, 4sp w/OD. D>>Bought this car