240 hesitates after turns

Okay Volvo geniuses, here's a weird one for you. My 86 240 DL (119K) miles is finally treating me right after replacing the engine harness, cold start sensor, fuel pressure regulator, timing belt, AMM, master cylinder, head gasket, plugs, cap, rotor, relays, and fuses.

Except for one weird problem. After start-up, cold or warm, the engine hesitates a long moment when cornering for the first time. Then it "kicks in" again, in the same gear, though it seems at a slightly higher (though appropriate) rpm. Generally speaking this is a mere annoyance, though the momentary loss of acceleration can be problematic if I'm trying to turn out into fast traffic from, say, a store parking lot.

I think it could be one of two things -- 1) some kind of fuel delivery blockage, maybe from debris in the tank. Except the symptom seems too consistent in appearance and duration for that

2) a momentary short caused by engine wires moving as the car turns.

What do you think? How to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Reply to
rogadelic

Does it happen if the tank is half full or more?

If not: in tank issue, perhaps ripped or loose rubber hose.

Reply to
zencraps

Manual or automatic? Put some ATF in it.

Reply to
clay

Does it even with a full tank. And usually only does it the one time, after the first turn following start up. The car's an automatic. I had a complete transmission flush and all the fluids replaced 4K ago. Do you think it already needs it again?

clay wrote:

Reply to
rogadelic

Just check the level. A pint low and mine ('83) will slip, first stop/corner/speedbump I make. Motor revs up, car doesn't go for a second or two. 'course, if you're sure it's the motor bogging and not the transmission slipping then ignore the above...

Reply to
clay

Reply to
rogadelic

Reply to
rogadelic

Reply to
rogadelic

So I checked the ATF myself, and if anything it looked too high. Then I took it to a shop and they agreed and drained a little off till it was at the max line. But I've still got the hesitation on the 1st turn.

Confounded.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
rogadelic