240 Wagon, which year, model?

I've got a guy who can locate cars for me and go to the auctions and such. I'd like to get a 240 Wagon, but I'm looking for modern conveniences and even something kind of *peppy*...so that's like early 90s?

I'd prefer an automatic but whichever transmission is most likely to be bullet proof would be preferred.

I know about the wiring harness problem, are there others I need to have a specific look at? I can do a decent amount of my own maintenance, is this car easy to work on?

Much appreciated.

Reply to
Franz Bestuchev