Need intake duct for 89 740 GL

I need a new air intake duct (going from the air mass sensor to the air intake) for my 89 740 GL. The end at the intake is about 3.5 inches ID, while at the AMM end it is abt 3 inches ID. No doubt it is actually metric. All the generic air ducts at Autozone have same ID on each end. To buy the actual OEM replacement from an internet vendor would cost over $50...for a plastic corrugated duct! I would like to install a metal one, it would hold up better and NEVER collapse. Could I make some sort of ring /adapter to go from 3 in to 3 1/2 in at the air mass meter end?

Reply to
Geronimo

The duct is plastic to allow for engine movement. The replacement should last another 15 years or so - call it $4 per year? BTW, the duct from the AMM to the turbo inlet in the turbo version was $150 when I bought one nearly the years ago.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee