70 Series Classic Headlamp reflectors - poss Mike F

Having tonight driven our 97 S70 in the dark, its obvious that dipped beam is awful. Main beam is good.

Closer inspection of the reflectors shows that they are crazed and dull, probably from 10 years of the car running around with the DLR dipped beams on.

Are the reflectors available separately from any source, or has any one had any success with say, re-spraying them with automotive silver paint or similar????

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Check with a wrecking yard, or Volvo for a unit.

Not a good idea. The heat of the bulb will likely create a huge mess and I don't think you will find a spray on product with the proper reflective properties.

Reply to
Roadie

No way to repair, that's a special coating. I don't believe that the reflectors are available separately, but you may be able to get some good ones inside lights with broken housing and/or lenses.

Reply to
Mike F

Tim, I found this site for headlight lenses (actually lights all around) for my 86 240 DL.

Best, Carter

Reply to
carterbear1