'88 745 Turbo

B230FT, TD05 Mitsubishi turbo.

Doesn't pass California SMOG2, found appearence of oil leaking into exhaust (greasy buildup present at flange into CAT, as well as signs of oil at flange after CAT.)

Turbo shaft appears to have 'normal' play, oil film in intake side but I believe within normal limits. Crankcase ventilation appears to be clear.

Is the turbo shot or is it possible that something like the oil return line could be obstructed forcing oil past the seals? If this was the case, would you expect to see excess oil in the intercooler?

-K

Reply to
Kelsey Cummings

I would suggest a thorough clean-out of all hoses from the filter box to the inlet manifold including the intercooler which probably has a fair amount of oil collected in it by now.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes