940 2.0T '93 hoses

Hi, all. I have a minor problem, in that I collected my car from local garage after they replaced the head gasket, on the drive home noticed that every time I turned right there was vibration. On the drive I popped the bonnet to see if I could see anything around the steering to cause this oddity. All seemed OK until I noticed what I think was an error on behalf of the garage mechanic. There is a hose connected at one end to the inlet manifold traverses the rocker cover to the turbo. At the turbo end in the bend is what appears to be a plastic valve with a narrower plastic extrusion leaving it. I have a sneeking suspicion this hose has been fitted the wrong way round, am I correct? Of course I will be taking the car back after the bank holiday, for them to check the peculiar steering problem and of course make good anything else. The problem is of course they are not volvo agents. I would like to be able to tell him where this plastic piece should be connected to, but more importantly is it safe to drive? I would gratefully appreciate your input.

Reply to
Dave

Hi, again. I hope you all will please excuse the rather obtuse content of the previous message. I think I was rather tired and pissed off. Further inspection this morning means I might be a little more irrudite. The hose fitted incorrectly is from the crank breather to the output of the AMR. If this had been fitted the correct way round I probably wouldn't have noticed. At the crankcase end there is a white(?) plastic elbow which has a small narrow tube coming off it. Does anyone know what this is connected to? I found a number of other hoses that had not been connected, one was the vent tube to carbon canister, easily soughted. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Dave