Reversing onto ramps?

I need to do some exaust work and want to know is it ok to back my car up onto ramps so i can get more clearance to work on the exaust? Or is
it a bad/impossible idea?

totally fine. I've done the same many times with my A2 GTI.

Yeah I did that myself to do the exaust on my 89 golf. Just make sure the ramps are well braced as the wheels aren't climbing up them they're being pushed.
-Dru

If your driveway has coarse pavement it should be fine. Super-smooth garage floors are another thing though.
I usually stuff the ramps under the wheels, give 'em a good kick or two each to make sure they're pinned in place, and then I drive the car up them. Just be ready to hit the brakes when you feel the apex coming...you of course don't want to back off the end of them.
Just do it in a safe way so that it is impossible for the car to roll or to fall off of the ramps. Otherwise you are dead. Happens all the time.
I am planning on using a spotter to help me back up, chocking my front wheels, then parking my other car right infront of my car with the bumers touching. If the car manages to roll off then god hates me, its as simple as that =). Thanks for your advice, i was afraid I was going to have to pay my mechanic a few hundred bucks to replace one of the pipes where a bead of weld will do the same thing.

I can relate to your desire to save money, but sometimes saving a few hundred bucks can cost dearly. However, it sounds like you have a sensible and safe plan.

Overkill but can't hurt. Ramps are usually dished on top so the back wheels are sitting in a "dip" and it really shouldn't go anywhere.
replying to Papa, Joseph Manzaro wrote: Hi Papa...