940 B200FT boost problem.

Hi. I have upped the boost on my turbo now sometimes I get a 'kick' like taking your foot off and on the throttle. I believe this is caused by the 'boost control switch'
shutting down the fuel pump. I'm told that it is adjustable.
It is on the curcuit diagram but I can't find the thing on the car! Some people have said that it near the pedals on the boost guage pipe, on my car it isn't. Does anyone know where it is located?
Hi Clive, if you want to sort out if the fuel pump is shutting off, why don't you put a TEMPORARY jumper on the fuse box to feed power directly to the pump? and give it a quick try? Please, do not leave the jumper in place, since if you get into an accident, the pump would continue to run, possibly spilling fuel from broken gas lines, etc..

Hi. Thanks, I,m thinking of trying that. I need to find the pump relay (funny, I think I feel a familiar scenario here)!!!!
The pump relay is a dual relay involved with the injectors too so I will have to think about it. I think the ECU shuts down the injectors too. I'll test it with a fixed supply to the pump first.
Many thanks, Clive.
It might be like the overboost switch on my turbodiesel. It is a large round aluminium thing fed from the inlet manifold to it's centre with a two pin connector attached to it for the electrical feed to the car's circuits. I don't know how it would work on my car but it is at the top of the lefthand strut tower. It is basically similar to an aneroid switch.
All the best, Peter.
700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).