940s chugging question

hello gang: my 940 estate has just started doing some weard things in as much as it feels like fuel starvation. I drove it about a mile and as i slowed down and then put my foot down to carry on, it was like it had no fuel for a second and then burst back into life. Almost as if id turned the key off and then turned it back on. I went up a hill and as i tried to get some more oomph it did it again then a second later it kicked back in. The next day it did it again at the end of the road when i stopped to give way. As i pulled forward not even a yard it missed again then came back to life. It feels like a fuel problem but im not sure.

Any ideas before i get ripped off having it looked at?

Regards to all Steve near London.

Reply to
xntrick

When did you last replace the fuel filter?

beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf
1) Remove, clean, and replace the throttle valve 2) Check the operation of the throttle position switch 3) Check around for loose (and leaking) vac lines

To test for a fuel delivery problem, run it in first or second gear at high RPMs for a bit. If it is a supply problem it will most likely show then.

xntrick wrote:

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

Unless you get really dirty fuel or are in a very dusty/dirty environment I don't think the fuel filter would get blocked in anything less than +100k miles. (Have you seen the size of the thing??? Hadn't changed mine for 80k miles and when I did it was fine, could have gone another 80k)

If it has been more than 5 years or 75k miles since you last did so, replace the rotor, cap and wires. (recently, this is my solution for everything).

Reply to
rndthought

The recommended interval for changing the fuel filter is 60,000 miles.

All the best, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes