Beware of Serious V50 Manufacturing Mistake

We bought a V50, 2006, in July 2005. Early December, 2005, with less than 2,000 miles on the car, the transmission axle sheared off. Total loss of power to the drive train. This happened in city traffic. If it had happened on the expressway, death would likely have occured.

Volvo fell all over themselves apologizing and the dealer told us it was a manufacturing defect. We demanded a written explanation from the manufacturer, which was promised in December but has never been delivered to us.

Beware of this car. There was absolutely no warning. If you have one, have it examined very careful and very frequently.

Reply to
korm

If that's a manufacturing rather than a design defect, it happens rarely on many models of car. I heard of it once on a Rolls Royce, or maybe that was fatigue. A steel shaft with an imperfection, all you could to to examine would be take it out and xray it.

Reply to
jg