cruise control

I have a 2004 XC90. When in cruise control, and I accelerate using the cruise control +, occasionally there is a marked reduction in engine performance with a warning message that states"reduced engine performance" and the check engine light comes on. If I shut down the engine and restart, the car runs fine. This only happens when using cruise control, and not all the time. The dealer can't seem to fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
carin morrisey