Cruise control not working after transmission repair

I have a 1993 Mazda MX-6 LS (2.5L, 6 cylinder, automatic) with factory cruise control. Recently my transmission pan was damaged, developed a fluid leak, and I burnt up third gear before I even knew anything was wrong. I had a transmission shop rebuild the transmission. The cruise control has not worked since I got it back from the tranny shop. It worked fine right up to the day I brought it in to them. (The car was difficult to drive with only two gears, and using the cruise control made it easier.) Now the cruise control turns on, but it won't set a speed.

I've had the car back to the transmission shop (twice) and they say the cruise control problem has nothing to do with anything they did. (I find this hard to believe, but I don't know enough about cruise controls, much less transmissions, to argue with them.) They say they've checked all the fuses and wiring, and that the main cruise control module isn't getting power (12 volts, apparently), and that they don't have the equipment to do anything more with it.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm ready to bite the bullet and take it to a Mazda dealer and have them diagnose/repair it. (If they blame the problem on the transmission shop, you better believe I'll be going after them to reimburse my expenses.) But if anyone has any ideas on what I might look for ahead of time, or whether something done (or not done) during the transmission repairs could've caused the cruise control to stop working, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Reply to
bz

I have the same issue now; do u recall the diagnosis?

Reply to
rajd@mycci.net