Fastest Volvo

According to a Sept. 18, 2002 press release:

Fastest Volvos ever, the S60 R and V70 R will make their debut at the Paris Motor Show in two weeks time.

With 300bhp under the bonnet, the new Rs are capable of accelerating from 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds and bristle with the latest technology.

Top of the list is Haldex all-wheel drive, a new six-speed manual gearbox, Brembo brakes and a computer system that controls suspension settings."

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Out of curiosity, how much do they weigh?

Reply to
athol

Reply to
Rob Beech

Volvo S60 R: 3571 lbs, 1621 kg Volvo V70 R: 3757 lbs, 1704 kg

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Where have you been for 5 months? The R's have been available in the UK since about June time.

We have a revised R with different suspension settings, and vastly different software for the powertrain and Active C systems on sale this month too.

Still not a genuine 300bhp though- you need 98 octane to get anywhere near that.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

How is this different from the 2004 models?

Reply to
Tangy

Reply to
Stephen Henning

That press release was over 2 years old. They were introduced 2 years ago in Paris.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Ahh. Okay. So my 264 is still faster than them. :-)

Was there a listed top speed?

Reply to
athol

Reply to
John Robertson

Reply to
John Robertson

The listed top speed for both models is 250 km/h (155 mph). Of course electronicly restricted.

/Erik Lidén

Reply to
Erik Lidén

Ahh, okay. The engine in my 264 has been tested to that in a previous vehicle (heavier, larger frontal area, worse aerodynamics and greater rolling resistance). Just haven't had an opportunity to test the 264 yet. After all, the maximum speed limit in my state is 110km/h. :-)

Reply to
athol